Saturday 27 February 2010

Fats Domino - It Keeps Rainin' / Current Listening Habits



I've been listening to a lot of Fats recently, and yesterday was his 82nd birthday! I've come to the conclusion he's not just a genius, but an underrated one.  Heard "By My Guest"?  The guy pretty much invented reggae.  This is my current fave from 1961(famous for a nineties reggae version by Bitty Mclean).  His version of "Four Winds Blow" was probably the first i heard - though that's bound to show up in the blog sometime later, as i've played that song to death live.  

Here's some footage of "Be My Guest" 

This book got me into Fats. It makes a pretty convincing case he was the daddy of Rock N' Roll and much more important to American Popular music that i had ever thought.

I now must go.  Happy weekends, people xx

No comments:

Post a Comment